Wednesday, February 6, 2008

So I'm still up in the wee hours. But at least I finally did what I've been thinking of doing for the longest time - I emailed my host family. Haha they must be thinking how ungrateful I am and what on earth happened to me for MIA-ing for so long after returning to Singapore. Yes, I'm ashamed to say that I've been out of touch with them for more than a month. I know how I've always made excuses and keep putting off emailing them, but the truth is, I've been really busy. But yeah, the deed's finally done and I'm feeling slightly happier again! (:

And while we're on the subject, I kinda miss Japan. The weather, the food, the scenary, everything. But I've made up my mind to sign up for the JET programme this year and if all goes well, I'll get to go Japan again next year! =DD One more thing which I'm really happy about is that I've rekindled my passion in learning the language. I remembered how gruelling last semester was, taking Japanese 5. It was a big leap from the previous four levels I took, and I was totally unprepared for it. I studied just for the sake of getting by - the workload was too much, coupled with my four core modules (which to a large extent explains my lousy grades last sem grrr). I guess I was a little too used to guided learning, so much so that when we were left to do self-studying, I floundered. Quite badly, I must say. But oh wells, I'm back with a vengence this semester! I'm enjoying my Japanese lessons so far (which was a pleasant surprise) and my sensei somewhat seemed a little nicer. Heh. Or maybe I was prejudiced all along. But I certainly wasn't the only one who harboured not-so-nice thoughts pertaining to him back then. =p

And CNY's here once more - I can't say I'm much for familial gatherings, but CNY's not without its perks. For one thing, we get to skip lessons. And enjoy a superrr long weekend ahead. But the cons is that I've to churn out a 3000-word essay by this Saturday. Sighs. Hopefully the festive feeling'll last till then.

And before I sign off, here's a picture of my host family and I:



And their uber adorable son!



Yep tata~ ((:


3:00 AM

skyward
love always protects; trusts; hopes; perseveres.

her
.him .rainydays .chocolates

destined
  • what
  • I
  • want


  • speak





    take off
    ♥geok
    ♥jess
    ♥mel
    ♥pam
    ♥teng


    reminisce
    February 2008
    March 2008
    April 2008
    May 2008
    June 2008
    July 2008
    August 2008
    September 2008
    October 2008
    November 2008
    December 2008
    January 2009
    February 2009
    March 2009
    April 2009
    May 2009
    July 2009
    September 2009
    October 2009
    November 2009
    December 2009
    January 2010
    July 2010


    credits
    1 2 3 4